But it's SO worth it!!! OH man I love the weird shit people put in front of their homes, and here is a little sample of mail boxes we've got in my neck-o-the woods. All except the last, which is my DADS are within 4 miles of where I work AND on the same road. These people are awesome.
Local lore is that the "box" below belongs to a retired bomb dismantler guy. You know like how you see on t.v. or in the movie speed? Anyways they say it got to him and he's a little loopy now, so I really don't see how having this as a mail box can be good for him, but whatever.

The next two I think are people that got tired of having their mail boxes smashed by teenagers. Look close at the one below and you'll notice it's covered in a thick wire mesh. Bash all you want, this is some heavy duty stuff.

OH man these guys are great!! They got so pissed they put up metal poles around their box. The BEST part is (look close at the second pic) they put up wire around the top of it. OH, OH, man that's too much.
I'm honestly not sure if they put it up to hold the poles together or to maim people, but either way it's awesome.
These guys are SO OMG SO my favorite. I have NO idea what happened here but I want to have a mail box just like this. The twisted hillbilly in me envy's it and the cheapskate in me respects their ingenuity.
Notice in the close-up their subtle versatility in using different types of bungee chords. Take in the beauty of the natural wood coupled with the use of the oh so manufactured tire. I think it's quite a statement don't you? It's a beauty. It's a bute!

The last in our series might help explain to anyone coming here why I get so fired up about this subject. (and why I envy the hillbilly's)
The next belongs to my Mom and Dad. In fact my Dad made this whole thing with his own two hands (and power tools). He really likes morel mushrooms, maybe you can tell. He's made one of these for my two of my uncles and one of my cousins. I know damn well that when C. and I buy our forever home that we will receive a penis I mean.... mushroom post for our very own.
This is what the mail person sees when they open it up. A happy face. We're a happy bunch, and they might have smoked pot once or twice in their lives. Well MAYBE three times. Ahhhheemmm. aHHHmmm hm. Excuse me.
Come on you HAVE to smile when you see this. Go ahead, it'll make you feel better. :)






9 comments:
gotta love your nekkid hippie parents, they are Freaking Awesome!
do you think when jason & i get hitched he'll make us one as a wedding present? just wondering!
If you guys are out of the apt. I would SO not put it past him.
What an idea for a wedding gift!! lol
Perhaps he can make you "His and Her" mailboxes? He seems to have a talent for it...
Great pics!!
Um, I don't think that's modeled after a mushroom. Just so you know.
Isn't that a big giant thumb?
GREAT photos and thoughts about them.
I just found your blog and I like it.
Love the flower shot too. I am so grateful for my camera.
If you like weird stuff, "unique" to say the least, check out: http://www.fukn.us/ and http://dirtpeddler.blogspot.com/. You may or MAY NOT like them but they are different for sure.
Thanks again - really enjoy your blog!
Sassy- I'm not sure I'm taking that the way that you meant it. But if I am you're pretty funny.
Hey Marsha, I haven't checked out the others yet but I hoped over to yours for a second. Stress releif? I'm going to be back to get some of that. BTW I was only there for a sec but you have some great pics, I'll look forward to checking it out.
Yeah I love your dad.
Post a Comment