Thursday, April 5, 2007

Nasty shit my Mexican eats

Don't get me wrong, I Love him like pandas do bamboo. I'd be fine with bamboo. But I'll be damned if he doesn't eat some of the nastiest shit. OK so yeah I know he comes from a different culture and I'm supposed to respect that and have an open mind and blah blah blah...
But he thinks that American doughnuts are freakin gross, broccoli is evil and that I'm insane for eating a raw tomato. We make fun of each other for our differences, and quite frankly it's much more fun than being 100% respectful of cultural differences.

Anyways, here is a list of some of the weird and nasty that I just don't comprehend.

Stomach Soup. Oh. My. G-d. If you go to the mexican store and check out the "meat" section, there it is. Wrapped up in cellophane, a pale giant ass deflated cow stomach. AND APPARENTLY the yummiest concoction to be made from stomach is soup.
-ya know maybe if they cut it up in little strips and deep fried the hell out of it it wouldn't freak me out, but the thought of a stomach, something that once held a "soup" of it's own being put in broth just kind of makes me think of it in it's natural state. Does anybody else get it? Stomach-liquid-ewww.

Moving on down the digestive tract to our next culinary horror we reach the intestines. OH boy does he LOVE these. They also make soup out of intestines, go figure. When we first got together I told him that under no circumstances would I EVER cook this for him. And I won't. But luckily !! Oh yiippee AYE! AYE! AYE !! They make it every weekend at the mexican store, and sell it by the bucket. He requested some a couple of weeks ago, he was CRAVING it. I dutifully brought him home a bucket and got out a can of spaghettios for myself.

Wonderful loving man that he is he reminded me of our pact to at least TRY each others different foods at least once. Fuck.

I thought it would be pretty damn gross, and I was really expecting something bad. And then he opened his bucket and I was taken to a new level of revulsion. They cut up the intestines into BIG chunks like and inch and a half by an inch and a half. I poked around at a piece of it to get a good look and low and behold the fucking Discovery channel did not lead me astray this shit looked just like on the t.v.

But we promised each other. So I got a spoon, tried to find the smallest piece and did it. -this is the part of the story that I'm supposed to say, "hey it really wasn't bad at all! :) tee hee" What the fuck ever it was actually worse than I had imagined. The flavor of the broth was fine but the intestine was like a giant piece of chewy steak fat. That's the best way I can describe it.

While he was eating I noticed him pull some bones of his bowl and suck them clean. I said "What the hell are those?" And he replied "Oh! those are the feets! MMMM!" I decided to further investigate his bucket with a long spoon and found this weird stringy clear looking thing and once again asked what the hell THAT was. He told me "Oh THOSE are gooood, it's like a nerve or something."

Feet and intestine soup, I wonder why they didn't throw in some stomach just to round out the digestive melody. Maybe it's like having to much of a good thing.

Fuckin A.

Ok I've got more stuff but I'll save it I've already typed enough for you to read and deal with for one day.

*shudder*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did i have to read that, right before lunch time... Beurkk!! And i know exactly what you're talking about!! Now, i have the imaginary smell in my head!!

Beurk! Beurk!!!

Read you later, Lindy!!!

Sgt said...

I've always meant to snap a photo, but there is a convienent store right off my exit that has a sign that says "We now carry pig snout and hooves" or something nasty ass like that.

Enjoy those kisses after a delicious cow gut meal!

D-HOR said...

I actually told him that he had to brush his teeth after the soup before I would kiss him.

He did.

Yeah you know cuz I'm bad ass and I crack the whip and shit.

Right, ok so he just likes to make out.

CruiserMel said...

a nerve or something? okay, barfing now.

D-HOR said...

CRUISER !!!!!!

Your typing ! Your alive!! How are you???