Friday, April 27, 2007

I don't like to share.

When you buy one of those little pint things of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream do you attempt to eat the whole thing?

Cuz I sure as hell do.

I know it has like 8000 calories but I'll be damned if I'm going to have a 25 gram scoop and call it good. I want to sit down with my cardboard container and a spoon, - no reason to dirty a bowl- and have a good go at it.
I do it like twice a year so no biggie, give me my ice cream.

Or when you have a TUB, er... container, at home? How big of a portion do you eat?

I always thought that my Ex was insane because of the amount of ice cream that he ate, or I guess DIDN'T eat. He would get out a bowl, get the big scooper and then put in like one half of a scooper ball into the bowl and call it good. Then he'd sit there for like 15 minutes and eat his itty bitty wretch of a scoop of ice cream.

OK so I know that's the way that we are SUPPOSED to eat high fat treats, just a little bit to savor, but whatever, fuck off I want a BOWL FULL.

Whenever I would get my Ben and Jerry's pint my ex would always want me to share it with him. A couple of times when he went out I asked him to pick up some and told him specifically to get his own damn pint cuz I want all of mine. And the BASTARD never would! He had no concept what-so-ever of how much it freaked me out for him to take his spoonful out of MY ice cream. Would it have been so hard for him to get his own????? Freak. So what of it if I can never finish the whole thing? Maybe I want to have the security that there will be enough for me there just in case.

He could eat an entire large pizza so it's not like he was mr. I'm-so-health-conscious-I-like-to-savor.

C. and I had ice cream for the first time together last week. He brought home a gallon of it for no particular reason. (good first sign) He's not a very big eater and not really into sweets so I was kind of surprised to even see him want ice cream after dinner.

So here came the test, and honestly I figured he would fail.

Oh how gloriously wrong was I !!! He got out the bowls and didn't even ask me if I wanted any, he just asked how much. Afraid of looking like the super freak that I am I asked for just a couple scoops. His reaction was priceless, first he hissed and then went silent for a couple seconds while giving me a dirty look before informing me that that is lame and that he's giving me more than that weather I like it or not. OH YEAH baby, give it to mamasita.

He brought me over a bowl that even I might be ashamed of scooping out and told me that I better not be lame and put any back.

This is one of the many reasons that we will be together forever.

10 comments:

CruiserMel said...

Wow. Ya know, I'm like that with salty snacks. I never thought to use that as a "test" of a guy. You are the most brilliant person on the web. Or at least the most "presh".

Happy weekend!

D-HOR said...

Salty snacks? Oh yeah, bitches better step back if I've only got a .99 cent bag.

Don't even think about it.

Sparx said...

Ha! I don't eat the whole thing at once but I do have at least TWO huge honking bowls while my ice-cream-hating hubby (he's french, they like their cream thick, un-fucked with and poured over something that's already covered in chocolate) pretends not to be disgusted.

I am, however, just like you when it comes to popcorn at movies. I HATE TO SHARE!!! I have to buy my own super-large bucket and I HATE IT if he tries to take some of mine, he has to have his own or I get twitchy!

very funny! Thanks for the link to 'a little bit pregnant', I'll check it out.

Hoto said...

Christ on a bicycle. you are one funny f*ing chick. Sparx was right.

Sparx bro.

Sassy Blondie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sassy Blondie said...

Listen, if the ice cream pint was meant to be shared, then all pints would be the same, right? But I don't share my pint of beer. Do you? Therein lies the logic of the pint being for one person only.

I, for one, do not share my pistachio almond, cookies and cream, or Guinness with anyone. Get your own, for the love of Mike!

PS-That Chino is a keeper...

D-HOR said...

I've trully found my people. You guys are great.

I managed to forget about popcorn at the movies. GGRRRRR I will go back for a re-fill if I have to but I don't want to.

French people don't like ice cream? I wonder if french vanilla pisses them off.

Hoto said "Christ on a bicycle" I LOVE crazy ass sayings like that. like "Jesus jumped up Christ in a handbasket" WTF? I don't know, but it's funny. (and thanx for saying I'm funny cuz that makes my day, yeah, I'm dorky like that)

Sassy I must bow down to your logic. Ladies and gentlemen we've got a smart one.

Sarah said...

Two words: Phish Food.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so with you on not sharing. I grew up with 3 brothers and I just plain hate sharing. Especially food. Man, now I need to go find some ice cream.

Krissie said...

First time here and already loving it.
And yeah, my food is MY FOOD!