Friday, April 6, 2007

More nasty Mexican Shit

Yes ladies gentlemen and perverts, barf indeed. But you came back didn't you? It's like a car wreck, and I'm not done yet, I have more to share. I'm a sweet girl, I like to share.

Tongue Tacos. Oh yes, right next to the chicken tacos, beef tacos and pork tacos on the Mexican store/eatery list is the "La Lengua" taco. You can get a "La Lengua Burrito" as well. Does tongue and taco make anybody else giggle like an 8th grader?

If you would like to create your own tongue creation at home (he prefers it like steak) it's easy to find in the "meat" section of the supermercado. Wrapped in cellophane glory there sits a foot long pale cow tongue, fully intact. To prepare at home you have to boil it for like an hour and then peel of the top 1/2 in layer that is the skin that holds the taste buds.

Also in the "meat" section are the aforementioned stomachs, intestines and tongue, PLUS, feet (cow and pig,) pig ears, and uncooked pig skin. I think the pig skin is to make your very own house brand of pork rinds. Perhaps I'll whip up a batch and prepare a nice artichoke and feta dip. I think the smokey flavor of deep fried SKIN will pair well with the feta.

Slightly less weird is C.'s relationship with green beans. Our first Thanksgiving together at my moms house he encountered green bean casserole for the first time. He ALLLLLMOST spit it back out on his plate, but managed with just the "puke" look on his face as he swallowed it on down. Thank goodness my mom is cool and got a pretty good laugh out of it. When I eat fresh steamed GB's he looks at me like I do when he eats his insides-soup.

Imagine my surprise when preparing scrabbled eggs the other morning when he asked me if I ever put green beans in them. I thought he was joking and told him not to be such a smart ass when I have a knife. Apparently he was serious, and come to find out he will eat just about anything green if it's covered in some scrabbled eggs. Green beans, asparagus and cactus to name a few. What the living hell?

OOOHHH!!! But wait here's a great little twist, he looked like I was pouring diesel fuel in my eggs when I added shredded cheese. Who doesn't like cheesy scrambled eggs? He ALSO despises cheese on tacos. Honestly what an all out freak, did his mother eat too many peppers when he was in the womb? Did it fry his brain?
Pun intended, thank you, thank you very mcuh.

Monday I'll tell you about my experience with cactus, along with the strange shit he does to ramen noodles and what craziness. he does to corn.

Wish me luck in yet another weekend with my mexican culinary horror show I call Mi Amor.

3 comments:

CruiserMel said...

Chino needs to hang out with my dog. He likes pig ears, too.

CruiserMel said...

BTW, yep, i'm back but only about 75% on the typing skills. Mostly one-handed. And doped up. Life is just a trade-off, i guess. LOL

D-HOR said...

Glad to see you back cruiser, congrats on the dope. Goodtimes.
I will be running post haste to your blog as soon as I finish typing.

Yeah, I sort of thought that pig ears were only for dogs too. I haven't asked what the hell they do with them but I'm about 100% that the dogs don't get em.

What in sam hill would you make out of an ear anyway?