Friday, October 19, 2007

Horin Politics

There are SO - DANG - FREAKIN - MANY candidates running to plow over the mess that is Bush that it just freaks me out. Okay actually I really don't know all the facts about Bush or how much of a mess he really is but I know the majority of people think he's a big ole screw up. Don't we ALWAYS think that at the end of a term though? I mean really?

Anyways since I am pretty much politically blind - BUT - I do have strong opinions AND I want to be a voter I figured I should do some research. RIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT, wow there's just too much shit out there for me to deal with so I needed a simpler way!

A trip to YAHOO! and thank-you-very-much I found my tool! I found two "Candidate Match-up" Quizzes and took them both. The one
HERE and the one at USAtoday both gave me the same results. The one at USA gives a lot of facts about where each of the candidates stand and I actually honestly learned some stuff about everybody. Do I remember any of it? Well no, but it's all there if I WANT to.

So who does a hor vote for? Apparently my person is Dennis Kucinich. Who the hell is Dennis Kucinich? Heck if I know but he was a HUGE match-up for me on both sites. Unfortunately I've never heard of him so obviously he won't have a real chance and guessing by my rather liberal views I'm betting he's a tad batty. Or just super cool as hell.


Ah well Dennis, have fun watching Hiliary and McCain and God help us all.

14 comments:

Sassy Blondie said...

Jesus, Lindy! Kucinich?? The man is a whack job pocket pal! You are scaring me....

D-HOR said...

Damn it I knew he'd be wacky. What's a pocket pal?

Maybe it's because I'm

-Pro Abortion rights
-Want the war to end
-Pro Stem Cell
-Pro Same sex marrige
-Pro a way different health care system
-Pro Death penalty
-Pro amnesty
-Pro no child left behind (can we PLEASE teach these buggers somthing???)

And I'm undecided on everything else cuz I don't know what Kyoto even means. And who the hell am I to say what we should do with S. Security? SHIT ! I don't freakin know! I'm relying on my 401 K and savings God help me.

D-HOR said...

OOoo I wonder if I should have wrote that all out. And a note of clarity - About the war, I support our troops cuz their doing their job damn it, but I just wish it could end.

Oh god this was a bad idea.

Sgt said...

Not trying sway your opinion on the matters, but you should read up on the topics too. I found that I wasn't as well versed as I thought.

Something like "No Child Left Behind" isn't just about raising the expectations of learning. It has put many schools into a position of teaching them to pass the test rather than teaching them the basics.

The social security issue is really a mixed one. Privatizing SS could either allow you to keep the money and decide how you want to save it, or force you to save and invest it in a different manner than the current system. Sort of 3 facets there. Stay the same, You decide, Keep the forced payment but invest it differently.

I still haven't decoded the Neutrality Internet laws.

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

I'm having serious angst about the upcoming election. I've always been one to say that if you don't vote then you forfeit your right to bitch.

I don't claim a political party but if I had to, I'd say Libertarian. I have four BIG voting issues. I vote based on those issues.

Those issues are: Abortion (I'm pro-life); National Defense; Gun Rights (I am a responsible gun owner and would like to remain a lawful gun owner); and same sex marriage (very much pro on this topic).

I've taken those quizzes. There is not a politician who represents me. I dropped two of my big issues and just used pro-life and pro-same-sex marriage. No one. Not a single candidate.

I'm very frustrated.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Don't waste your time with those losers. Vote Dyckerson! My new campaign slogan: A chicken in every pot, and a penis in every twat!

Stan Bull said...

Dyck, I thought it was "a lamb in every pot". I think we better talk campaign strategy again.
As a senator, Hillary has a 95-percent liberal voting record so she's only slightly behind Dennis Kucinich. 'course, Hillary is
a constantly-adapting-to-the-polls fake. But hey.Stick with Dyck! You can't go wrong.

hermitgirl said...

Woooot! Kucinich for the win!!!!!!! I dont care if he has a chance or not, I played the "lesser evil" game once and never again! Although the fill in the blank option kicks ass too... (me me pick me lol)

Anonymous said...

Colbert 2008! How could you vote any other way?

Stan Bull said...

Dyck's running on a poon and prosperity ticket. It's a 50-state campaign - the numbers are looking particularly good on the redneck and convict vote. he's faring less well with Christian conservatives and coloureds but hey!

D-HOR said...

Sgt - Where can I go to get non-biased easy to read info on the topics? That's the hard part I swear.

IMA - I'm on the ball with you and got the K-man. Maybe somewhere in there we differ on Nat. Defense and that's where we split.

Dyck - What's your stance on legalizing the M.J. ?

Stan - Americans don't care for lamb too much. We prefer them to hock sleeping pills.

Hermit - ALL RIGHT!!

Alan - I don't have time for shenanigans! Unless we're going to Bennigans!

Effortlessly Average said...

Dammit Stan, you took my joke! "The poon and prosperity ticket." Damn!

Hor - If I could offer one little piece of unsolicited advice? Don't believe any "informational" data that also suggests how you should vote. As you've seen, it's a complicated arena, and not one candidate is the perfect choice. If you're reading something comparing this candidate to that candidate and in the end it advocates you vote for [insert candidate's name here], then disregard most of what you just read because it's likely slanted and biased. Not to say it's necessarily untrue, but that it was more likely written with the idea of soliciting votes from the start. An independed assessment based on the candidates' stances won't tell you how to vote one way or the other.

I also steer clear of info that makes broad assessments of a party, like "if you're pro family, vote Republican" or "if you think it's wrong to fire workers so the CEO can get a bigger bonus, vote Democrat."

CruiserMel said...

I hate politics, so I'm voting for Dyck. Makes good sense to me.

D-HOR said...

Thanx Effort :) I get what you mean about reading a bunch of biased "information" but where do I go for a cut and dry version? I was hoping the USA today place would be ok but I guess ya just never know.

I think Cruiser is right.