Besides lack of sex there's been a few other changes in behavior in the Ghetto home front. C. liked to have real meals - like home cooked - every day for dinner, and usually the left overs for lunch the next day. It was fun cooking with him, he teaching me new things and vice versa and tweaking my old recipes to make them edible for him. (I.E. add a jalapeno pepper to anything and he'll eat it)
But since he's been gone it seems I've gotten lazier and stranger in my eating habits as time goes by. Last nights dinner?
*Ate a few handfuls of dry cheerio's out of the box standing by the kitchen sink
*Decided I wanted to try that can of Marshmallow Fluff that's been in my cupboard since he left, opened it and fingered out a few test runs. -marshmallow-ee, nice- (this time standing by my stove)
*children's F. Fry @ BK while posting
*Spaghetti made solely in the microwave
That microwave spaghetti was downright FANCY for me as of late. Usually I would have just went back to the cherrios and scrounged up a piece of dry bread or can of peas or something.
I'm a friggin gourmet when it comes to the microwave. Last week I needed real food and figured out that if I microwave my pasta in a bowl with water - and put a bunch of broccoli on TOP of the water, that the water will cook the spaghetti and steam the broccoli. Add in some garlic Parmesan sauce from the can and sprinkle some REAL parm. reggiano over the top and we're talking good shit!!
But yeah, usually it's cold spaghettios from the can with a plastic spoon if I'm wanting fancy. Hell the day before yesterday I had two bottles of water, a bag of combos and a diet ice cream bar.
I might need a multi vitamin.
It just doesn't rate high on my to do list when I'm alone I guess. What about you guys? You all that live by yourself, do you cook real food everyday? Microwave dinners eaten over the kitchen sink? Cheetos on the couch? I could live on cereal alone if I wasn't too cheep to buy milk.
Anways, that's just what I was thinkin about here eating lunch at work (some dry bread, a diet cola and some cherries) I don't know what's up with Websense but it let me on today so that's cool. I think I'm just bored. Hi. *tap* *tap* Anybody there? What's you eatin?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
Most days here I eat pretty much nothing. Coffee and cigarettes are the way to lose weight, apparently. But some days I cook from scratch. Cuz I CAN! LOL
Even when I was on my own I think I cooked most of the time... although sometimes that just meant opening one of those noodle soup packets and throwing in some onion and mushroom. My frog is like that though, if it's his turn to cook, we eat out of tins and boxes - long as you're healthy, who cares?
Tell me you are not smoking. NO SMOKING I don't care HOW much weight you lose! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Sparx - Healthy yes, mineral deficiancy? Who knows :P But I do go on veggie and fruit bender some days, maybe it all evens out :) OH! And YAY for noodle soup packets! Cup-O-Soup !!
I don't actually live alone, but the Big Guy travels on business at least 1 week a month, so I still have to cook for myself a lot. My favorite dinner is a BLT. If you try hard, you can convince yourself that the lettuce and tomato make it healthy. Or you can use turkey bacon, and it gets pretty close. Use rye bread and throw on a slice of low-fat cheese and it actually gets pretty tasty. And you still don't need to get any more involved than the microwave.
Mmmmm Upstate I actually DID make some BLT's a few weeks ago! Granted, I ate a half a package of microwaved bacon with each sandwhich, but la-te-da it was good! I don't like cheese on sandwhices *weirdo* but I do love some rye bread!
Infact I lived of of a loaf of it for about 3 days sometime in the week or so before I went to Mexico. :P All ya need is a toaster and some spray butter and I'm in heaven.
GAHH I'd rather be slapped than eat that dang turkey bacon. YUUGG.
Thanx for the reminder, I tend to eat something for a week and then forget about it for months. Tomatos are still coming on strong and fresh and lovely, I do believe I see some bacon in my future. :) Gracias!
I cook when the mood strikes me, but I too can live on cereal. I find that I tend to cook when my stress level is low. When it's high, I don't eat so much anyway, so why cook.
Sassy - Goll I wish I couldn't eat when I'm stressed, I'd be a 100 lbs! But I have noticed when I'm down in MX it's so hot that I just can't seem to find an appetite for anything. Maybe one meal and a snack later if that and I'm set for the whole day. It's like the heat keeps me full, or just disgusts me so. Anyhoo I almost hope I don't get used to that part of it, I'm all for a natural appetite supressant - and FREE! :P
Well, since I've had a major change recently, I don't eat so much as I used to, which kinda sucks because before I used to have whatever I wanted, whereas now I have to eat the "good" stuff first. Not that I do, only that they say you're supposed to.
So my morning mean usually consists of a protein bar and either diet coke or a Starbucks. Then I might eat again, say, two days later. lol
I've always loved cooking, but I don't enjoy the "it's a chore" kind of cooking; you know, where it's 7pm on a wednesday night and the kids are whining because they've only eaten cold cereal that day. Since the wife left for her "new life," though, cooking just isn't as much fun, but I'm sure it'll return.
Oh, and the multi-vitamins? Flintstone's chewables baby! I just love to eat me some Betty. lmao.
When I was single, I lived off those lipton noodle and sauce things. I'd make it and eat half for dinner then save the other half for lunch at work. Add in chopped carrots and a chicken breast and it tasted really good. I lost a lot of weight when I was single and now that I am cooking 3 meals a day for ahusband and 4 kids, I'm getting kinda plump now. But I just had a baby, so I'm entitled! :o)
Effort - So Diet Coke shows up in your "Good Stuff" must eat first category? :P Yeah, we could totally eat together lol :) I wonder if maybe you'd start to enjoy it a bit if like, every once in a while you made something that your kids could help out a lot with. Kids have such enthusiasm for that sort of thing and doing it together might get you inspired too. :) PLUS it's "quality time" or whatever AND the kids won't be bored AND they'll get dinner out of it. AND your teaching them like, stuff. What's ya think?
Jenny - Noodles must be the international single person food :) You, Me, Sparx, my C. Hell that's 3 countrys right there. LOL :) And you have to keep cooking so you can show us all of your wonderful FOOD on your blog! LOVE THAT! And yes darling you must eat good to keep up the strength to DO all that you're doing right now, hell, not just the FOUR kids but everything else too. A Super Woman needs her EATS! :)
Oh, I enjoy cooking when it's with the kids, sure. I just find that if they're not hungry enough for a "meal," it's not fun to cook for one.
Yeah, Diet Coke is still on my daily to do list, but espresso is quickly taking over the first spot.
Right there with you - a can of peas, tunafish while still in the can, cubes of cheese, nary a piece of fruit in the house. It's a wonder I can poop at all.
Where Go The Boats?
(1)
Dark brown is the river,
Golden is the sand.
It floats along forever,
With trees on either hand.
(2)
Green leaves a-floating,
Castles of the foam,
Boats of mine a-floating
Where will all come home?
(3)
On goes the river
And out past the mill,
Away down the valley,
Away down the hill.
(4)
Away down the river,
A hundred miles or more,
Other little children
Shall bring my boats ashore.
-----by aoc
powerlevewling
Post a Comment