Mi Amor - My Love
Mi Vida - My Life
Mi Cielo - My Sky
Mi Amante - My Lover
Te Adoro - You I Adore
Mi Preciosa - My Precious girl
Those are my favorites of the things C. calls me every day.
All of them. Everyday. And he for real means every bit of it.
He tells me that I am a treasure.
He tells me that I am his Queen. (ok so I giggle at that one but still)
He tells me that I am so so beautiful, and EVERYDAY when I get up and get dressed and come out of the bathroom he whistles the "you are so hot" whistle. Most of the time he stands up, and will come to meet me in the kitchen and want me to spin around so he can see me from all sides and once again tell me how wonderful I look. 90% of the time I'm just in jeans and a t-shirt.
Honest to God he's so appreciative that I actually TRY to look nice sometimes, for Gods sake I've even started curling my hair!
The other day I busted out my old decrepit and I do mean decrepit froggie pajama pants that I've had for YEARS and will only wear in front of my best friend. You know the kind. Anyways, it was late and I wanted to be comfortable and we've been together for long enough for it to be pretty bad if he would have run screaming and dumped me. So I came into the living room and he did his thing where he whistles and says that I'm oh so sexy. I figured he was going a little way too far this time cuz damn these pants are wretched, and tried to call him out on it. I told him that I know that they are the most hideous clothing I own and I look retarded and frumpy in them and that he can calm down on the you so hot just this once, or get some glasses.
Of course, he proceeded sit me down, look into my eyes and get all serious and tell me that I am ALWAYS beautiful to him no matter what I wear, and that he wasn't just being nice. I'm not good at accepting all of this romantic serious wonderfulness, and got a little fidgety but I made it through.
Oh and he calls me a princess, which is a bit of a change from my last BF who called me a "plus size princess." That guy also called me "piggy" and his "leetle eliphant" as his terms of endearments. Yeah so that guy was a real winner, and it's honestly taken me a little time to adjust to someone being so insanely nice to me. Sometimes when I get all fidgety and weirded out by all of Chinos sweetness he notices and tells me to calm down because I DESERVE all the love and adoration that he can give me. He tells me that I earn it. I think the word "earn" might be a little lost in translation cuz I don't DO anything, but whatever, I'll take it.
Ok so that'a a little sliver of what I wish I could share with my family and friends, I'll try not to surogate on you guys to much. Thanx.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
Sounds like a keeper to me.
Sounds like your last boyfriend was either a total idiot or insecure. Insecure people will often say things to may you feel completely inadequate so as to break your self-esteem and never stray away. This is why so many battered women stay with their husbands. They actually end up believing they won't ever survive without them. Ironic, most don't survive with them.
I'd say in this case, forsake your parents and go with your heart. They'll see his graces eventually.
Your right about the last guy, it was his goal to make me a door-mat and he tried damn hard. I'll admit sometimes I went along with his crap just to not make waves, and get him riled up.
Thankfully I've watched enough after school specials and have some pretty strong women in my life to show me that I don't have to take that shit.
It's so weird how easy it is to get sucked in though. I KNEW that he was beating down my self esteem (succesfully) and I understood that it was wrong and even realized what a state it was putting me in, but I still stayed! And I know better!
He finnaly crossed a line that I wouldn't put up with, and I got the hell out. Thank God.
It's all good now, and I think my past helps me to be that much more thankfull for finding someone like Chino.
Hey, I know we all probably look like redheaded stepkids to you, but we could be your pretend family and you can share with us. We're not chopped liver, ya know. Well, maybe some of us are.
P.S. Just my opinion here, but Sgt's wife has a keeper there. *looking up at Sgt's comment*
You are SO right about Sgt's wife, I've totally had a secret internet blog crush on him since Valentines day! But you know there's that whole he's married and I've got a jumping bean, so I'll just let my blog do the crushing.
Silly cruiser, I don't think you's guys are chopped liver, but I sure as heck don't want to chase people away by mooning over Chino all the time. Maybe it would be ok to share once and a while?
BTW you are so sweet I could just pee.
*holding out a package of Depends* Let it all hang out. Well, not ALL. Oh nevermind...it's been a whacky day.
Bonjour! Bonjour, Lindystars! It's me Tidemon :->>>>
Yes, your boyfriend is too delicious with his kind words... I guess he knows what women need to hear... A percentage of this kind talk must be true, the other stuff is for us to fall in love with the guy. Could he be the wrong or the right one.. Hey! Only time will tell.. Enjoy it until it lasts! I, personally love compliments, even the ones that sound like B/S!
A far as the other comments.. yeah, i'm going through that road, where he is in control of me, myself, and I. But how do you break that vicious cycle when you're married with young children??! Yes, i am completely using your blog to poor my personal sorrows.. hahahaha!
Ti Demon
Le Petit you can use my blog ANY TIME you need or want to. I'm so sorry you've got your own crap going on.
Has he always been like that or is it a new development? How long have you been married?
Hey, Le Petit is here! aha!
He has always been jealous, but when you're blindly in love, you see it as being cute and simply protective... Now, after over 10 years of marriage, i have a 20/20 vision on life...
I am handling the situation the best i can.
For the women in a similar situation, talk about it to someone you don't know, therefore can not judge you...
(that's all i can say publicly) ;-)
Heavens to Betsy, I sure as heck wouldn't judge you. One thing to think about though, and please don't hate me for this.
I came from a home where my parents (mainly just one of them) fought like hell a bunch of the time. The one was horrid to the other and as a child I WISHED and prayed for a divorce. It is a constant strain on a child to see their parents unhappy. Even now as an adult it stresses me out and sometimes I wish I could just go and draw up the papers for them.
Divorce sux don't get me wrong, but the whole time my parents were staying together "for the children" I was wishing they would split.
Sometimes people make honest mistakes in marrige, and divorce is the best thing for all parties. And darn it I'm sorry to sound so L-A-M-E but it really is the only life we get and we deserve the BEST we can make of it. You deserve the best and so do your children.
Ok so I have no idea of what all your situation entails, and I know I just blew this all out of proportion most likely, but this sort of thing really hits home with me and I'll put my head on the chopping block every time if I think it can in any way help out.
I'll leave you alone now unless you come back for more chat. :) G
Lindy speaks wisely. Staying together for the kid's sake is about the worse thing you can do. Even when you think your hiding all the ill will towards each other, it still shows. Children are like sponges and pick up on things like that. Unfortunately they also pick up on the negatives and start to think thats how things are suppose to be.
I can't tell you what to do, but I will say that you should do what you think is best for you and the kids. Sometimes what seems like the worst case senerio is really the best.
Your boyfriend sounds sweet, and if you love him and believe in his goodness then don't worry about your parents. They will come around because they'll see how happy you are.
Also doesn't it make it more awesome when the compliments and nicknames are in another language? I once had an all day make out session with and subsequently "traded correspondence" with this guy who was Italian, and he'd stop kissing me, look into my eyes, say something in Italian about how pretty I was and then start kissing me again. And he'd write me letters and always at the end he'd write some compliment in Italian. Holy crap I just got goosebumps from remembering it. I call him my Italian Stallion.
Ooooh Sarah your so right. And the stuff he says in Espanol is way more romantic than what I can come up with in English.
And sometimes it's just WAY better to leave it in spanish cuz it just won't transalte right.
Like when he calls me "Mi media de naranja" Which turns out to be something like "My half of orange." But to them it's like saying "My natural/perfect other half"
You girls are too silly... but i have to admit that i adore when a man compliments me or says my name with an accent.. Aie! Aie! Aie!
thank you for listening/reading Lindy... :-)
Ti Demon
Post a Comment