Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm Goin Male Hunting!!

I'm leaving today to drive far north into the wilderness to be with my Dad and some family friends of whom all (including myself (i think)) all have intentions of finding eligible males.
I'm leaving behind poor C. for 4 whole days (ok unless I cave and can't stand it and come home early) with nothing but a kiss goodbye and some homemade pies. Hey I figure if I'm leavin his ass I can at least bake somethin for 'im. He'll be drowning in pumpkin by 7p.m.

Last night I over-packed like a trooper and I'm goin home to over-pack some more. It's so hard to gauge what to wear! Gawd I had to dig out all of my male-trolling cloths out of the back of my closet but it was worth it, I found my best hat.

Thank Goodness I called my mom last night, I almost forgot my hand warmers and seat cushion! Dad's leaving her behind but I guess she's ok with it, so that's cool. I'll be picking up my gun from their house on the drive up and I'll be all SET!! Bring it on boys, come to mama!

SOOOooooo anybody else going hunting? HHHmmmm? Opening day is tomorrow and I'm gonna be there dark and early, set up out in the freezing cold, sitting on a crate (with seat cushion!) holding my gun and hoping for the best.

Grand times ahead. No t.v. no computer, no Internet, running water, shower, real toilet, weeeeellllll aren't we just getting the picture NOW???? AHHHHHHHHHHHH The picture is that I love my Dad to pieces and it's a dream come true for him to have his daughter sitting out in the woods from dark to dark in hopes of shooting a male. Oh. Ok. I'm sorry you guys but I'm gonna have to just give up the ruse and type it. My Dad wants me to shoot a deer. Ok? Ok.

My mom is thrilled that I'll be spending 10 hours a day in the middle of the woods on a crate being ONE with nature and finding my center and stuff. Ok so last year maybe I fell asleep for the first 3 hours but HEY! I was still and quiet, just like they told me to be. Last year I was only up for a day and a half so I didn't get truly immersed in the day in day out schedule but THIS year, FOUR DAYS. Omygosh.

Did I happen to mention overpacking? That would be me trying to horde everything possible into my car that I might need on a four day trip to the woods to keep me from going bonkers.
No less than 10 books in 6 different genre (I never KNOW what I'll want to read till I start) my guitar, all my C.D.'s, Sudoku, Crosswords, nail polish, face masks, and quite possibly even though I'm trying hard NOT to, all four of my electronic hand held games. Tetris my love do you think you'll be able to be quite long enough for me to kill a deer? Hmmmm????

OKAY, Okay, so I DO like going up there, I really do. I love to go fishing and canoeing and walking in our woods to see the beaver damn and making smores over the camp fire. MMMMMmmmm and taking my quad runner up to the trails and riding Alllll day. :) Oh just yummy! But this time of year? Gun Season? That stuff is OV-ER. The only business you have in the woods this time of year is if you're dressed in day-glo-orange and you've got a gun in your hand. So. Sitting in the woods, alone. I'd LIKE to say that I'm like my mom and I get all connected and have an overwhelming urge to sing out loud to mother nature or that I'm like my Dad and live for the thrill of the hunt but I can't.

I like the fun stuff! Shame on me for getting bored I know, but if I don't see a group of deer out there start a spontaneous deer-orgi and get to take pictures of two dude deers goin at it - and then hear them realize that they're not gay and be all like "Hey sorry dude, I just got caught up in the moment and stuff." and the other deer be all like "'S'all right bro, no harm done, and HEY! congrats on the monster wood, that's badass dude!" Theeeeennnnnn I'm just gonna be bored.

At least this year I'm bringing carrots and sugar and stuff so maybe at least I'll get to see a couple of squirrels. I wonder if I laced the sugar with something if the squirrels would start an orgi? We'll see. Anyways forgive me but I'm OFF to the wilderness and'll be back bright 'N' early monday morning. Hopefully with deer/squirrel/porcupine orgi pics. We'll see.

10 comments:

Krissie said...

You're off to kill animals. I broke up with a BF for that. I must reconsider this friendship now.

~ellen~ said...

Oh, my -- hunting. Well, I couldn't do it unless all the grocery stores closed, but I will wish you well.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Have fun with your dad and your novels and your nail polish.

:o)

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Bring me back a beaver or two.

Sassy Blondie said...

I went hunting with my dad..ONCE. He was all pissed because I took a shower and washed my hair...said the scent of my shampoo and soap would scare the deer away. Little did he know that was my master plan.

Sorry, Horgirl, I just can't shoot Bambi or his dad. I'm too soft!

Have fun...I guess! :)

jill or jay said...

Have fun! Yes, I love guns. My dad's gone but I used to go hunt'n back in Kansas with him and I LOVE the memory. We mostly shot birds; quail and pheasant, but it was GOOD. I think we should have to hunt our dinners! Except for that once every other month Red Lobster splurge. If ya'll eat meat, ya'll better know somebody killed it! And I'm all over taking books, fingernail polish, etc into camp. What else are you going to do with your down time?!

jenny said...

Have a good time with your dad and the others! Do you eat deer? I don't care for it. Cook it right, though, and it's yummy, but I wouldn't pick it if I had a choice.

The neighbor behind us hunts on part of our property and he set up a motion-detector camera to see how many deer are around. He got lots of picures, so it should be good huntin' for him. He gives us deer meat in exchange for hunting on our land, and I cook it and give it to the cats. shh!

CruiserMel said...

No internet for four days? And you guys gave me grief for not eating for 10 days? Hell, you're a braver soul than I am.

Sparx said...

Whoa there, chickita - deer hunting? Didn't see THAT one coming!!! And neither will you if you're sitting out there playing tetris mind you. Don't freeze your ass completely off now, y'hear?

Unknown said...

Hey there fellow hunter!
I once went hunting (sort of)for a squirrel-like animal. I was told to crush their heads against a tree while their little hearts were still beating (too graphic? pls delete it if you want to). Couldn't do it and just ran towards the car...

Good luck, happy hunting.. = /

SavMed

D-HOR said...

Krissie - :( But I'll EAT them! It's not for trophy it's for food!

Ellen - Thank You! And I'll be lot's carefull with all my orange clothes :)

Dyck - Sorry but I like to keep 'em for myself ;)

Silly Sassy! How dare you be clean! My GAWD you probably wore deod. TOO!! AHHHH the horror! I do MY part by not shaving my legs for 4 days. Wouldn't want to scare em away with that shaving creme scent.

Jill - OOoo bird hunting! That's like SKILL and stuff! Way cool :)
And YES!! Since I'm not a drunk I have to find other stuff to do during DEER CAMP. :)

Jenny - GASP!! You give it to your CATS??? Ah it's okay, when I was a kid we never had beef or pork just home raised chickens, rabbit and deer from the woods so I'm sort of used to it. Plus some deer taste WAY more game-ey than others and it can be kinda icky strong flavored. I like to take small peices and cook it with fried potatoes and onion (in bacon greace) HEALTHY! *cough cough* *clenches chest.*

Scott - Hi! Thanx for stopping in and commenting :) Yeah a tad strange to some folks. :) But I DO like that song!

Cruiser - It was grief out of caring! But yeah.

Sparx - But it's BORING ! I'm need stimulation (ha ha ha) !

SaveMed - Squirrel-like creatures? What the hell country were you in? Bashing their heads in? Geez that might like scar a person, hell I'd be running back too. SHEESH