Does anybody else see this? Am I missing something important here? When I run all I carry is a walkman.
Oh oops, sort of outed myself there with the walkman thing. Does anybody even know what that is? You bitches listen here before you and your ipod asses start making fun of me cuz I'm not lugging around some big ass CD player that's going to skip and piss me off, and I'm too cheap/poor for an MP3 or Ipod. OMG I SOOOOO want an Ipod. A green one.
God I can't even take my walkman to the gym. I'm too afraid people will either laugh at me or think it's a bomb.
Anyways, old people, sticks. Is if for protection? Are they afraid of wild dogs or something? Why has this been lost on newer generations? Is there some sort of old people letter you get with your first SS check that informs you that you need to start carrying a club if you want to be cool? WTF???
I googled "old guy with a stick" and came up with a shillelagh -
It's a 2-4 foot club that was used by Irish people back in the day to beat the shit out of each other, or just to carry around for protection from muggers and stuff. Check out the pick I found it looks like a bunch of gnarled penis sticks. Dildo sticks. Cool. The one kind of looks like the end of a poop and I don't think I could get turned on by that. But anyways.
I still don't know why old people do it. Were there more wild attacking animals back in the day? Are they still afraid of hippies or something? Maybe it's the emo kids. I think the emo kids NEED to be beat by old people.
Ok I'm done. Anybody here carry a stick? Sassy? Ever almost kill anybody with a stick?




5 comments:
Being serious, which is tough for me, I think many use canes or walking sticks for balance and for dogs mainly. Probably in some areas it may be for protection from muggers.
My question is this, "Why do old people drive Buicks?"
Yesterday a guy on I-90 was driving the wrong way, I said to my wife I bet it is an old guy in a Buick and then the TV showed it, an old guy in a Buick!!!
Les, :) I totally get the cane for balance thing but I'm talking about smaller sticks. You're right though it must be the dog thing.
Buicks? Must be the name, old and safe.
OMG! I totally know what you mean. My grandparents, every one of them, had a stick when they went out for a walk. I asked once, and true to LC's explanation, they said it was for making sure they felt safe from dogs, "hoodlums", and the like.
And yes, I have a stick story, Lindy. But in my defense, I wasn't intending to burn anything down or hurt anyone. Perhaps that is my next post. My stick story. Beotch! ;o)
Sassy you complete me, I needed verification on this one not to look insane.
OMG I KNEW you'd have a stick story. You crack me up.
Lindy, I'll come back to you with this one. B.F.N.
Post a Comment