Last night when I was shopping at Meijer the power went off in the store. It was only for a moment and then half of it came back on. One side of the store was dark and the other light and none of the customers seemed disturbed in the least. I figured AH what the hell they'll get this shit up and running by the time I get done. Ah ha ha silly silly girl.
Just as I was finishing up about 45 minutes later, I overheard one worker talking to another about how all of the cash registers were shut down. WTF? The cash registers were in the lighted half of the store - got. to . be . kidding. me. I went up to the cashier section and holy shit EVERYBODY was gone! No cashiers no people and there were a shit load of full carts just left abandoned. Wha? I looked back into the store and just like me 1 minute ago there were people going about their business, shopping away and oblivious to the fact that they weren't going to be able to BUY the shit in their carts. Really? Honestly? I looked around some more and there were workers straitening clothes racks, standing around talking, doing whatever but obviously NOT bothering to mention to people what the FUCK was going on.
I went further down the store to where I spotted some folks talking and came up upon a freaking PANICKED worker chick half yelling at the people listening to her - "ALL THE REGISTERS ARE DOWN! THEY ARE SAYING IT WILL BE FOUR HOURS, YOU ARE WELCOME TO WAIT, BUT OUR MAIN CONCERN NOW *heavy breathing* IS TO GET ALL OF THE FROZEN GOODS BACK TO THEIR CASES FROM ABANDOND CARTS!" All the while she was panicked yelling she was - OMG - chucking and trowing frozen good out of one cart and into another. (I just walked around the store with frozen shrimp for 45 minutes and they were still happy and froze) I sort of wanted to tell the girl that throwing, chucking and slamming the frozen goods around and upside down was probably going to harm them a bit more than taking all of 2 minutes to round up the 10 people re-folding clothing to FUCKING HELP HER.
I kind of didn't want to wait four hours so I took my shrimp back myself and left the rest of my cart up front with the other abandons. I took a good long look at the products that I had painstakingly picked out, tried to remember them the best I could and walked out. I'm picky AND cheap, shopping takes me a while.
On the way out I noticed a group of Old folk that were pissed and I believe about to revolt. They were bitching about how the store people needed to just dang well get out some calculators and do it the old fashioned way. Back in their day they didn't even HAVE calculators and this display of ineptitude was a cryin shame.
They got me to thinking though, just how computer dependant that store really is. Computers do the inventory, pricing, discounting, payments and even weigh our vegetables. Even if they did pull out calculators they would have no idea what was on sale or what half the stuff cost - let alone how much my snow peas weighed. Sorry old folk, no dice.
So yeah, if a disaster strikes don't rush to Meijer to stock up on canned foods cuz they'll shut the door on your ass. AND you won't be able to ride the pony for a penny. No that's not me but I'd like to just to fuck with people, Jaybird will you take my pic if I do??





17 comments:
OMG! Seriously, what the hell were they thinking! If you can't fix the fucking problem, let your effing customers know. Even where I work, which is just a little B&B, we have a plan for all emergencies and one of those little heart re-starter thingies. cheap bastards! well there you go cheap products = cheap service, well maybe not all the time! And Yes, I would take that pic for you, but only if you ride double with the mex, jk!!
I'd ride double him but we'd probably have to tranquilize him. I'm not sure if he has quite the free spirit that I do.
Free spirit, ha ha, ok, - crazy.
There are way to many swear words, I followed your suggestion from waiterrant. I know you said that there would be, but to me it is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy to distracting to read all of them. I have HBO, so I know all of the swear words. lol I have even been known to use them, so it's not like I'm a prude. I guess maybe they lose their effectiveness if they are used too much, much like the sphincter muscle can do after too much anal sex. :)
Too many swear words.
Too distracted.
I'm sorry I was too distracted to understand your comment. I think it was the whole you don't know grammar thing, it's just too distracting to me. Go Way.
And BTW? The name of my blog is "Danielle is a Hor" Were you expecting Mother Teresa?
Go Way.
anonymous-- It's Lindy's Blog, not yours so if you don't like it, shoo!
You're like one of those annoying people that complain about a book and take it to a book burning club when all you had to do was shut the damn book and put it back on the damn bookshelf. If you don't like what you see, LEAVE!
And like Linday says.. Go Way!
Whatever. She invited me here from a "real blog" if she didn't want to hear my comments, she shouldn't have put herself out there.
Lindy, you hor, I fucking love you! *showing support*
Anon - I didn't invite YOU or anybody from waiter I simply put myself out there. Don't try for a second and make it appear that I want your ass here. And you're the one who keeps coming back.
I'll just start deleting your comments so you might as well go way.
Shooo!
Ha Ha on a side note I checked Site Meter and Mr. Anonymous has visited my site at least 5 times and has spent near to an hour in all reading my horrible dirty potty mouth trash.
Hahahahahhahaha.
He's also fucking with me on the Waiterrant site that I have on my blogroll. He goes by "Veteran" over there, instead of anonymous like over here. I hope he means a waitstaff Vet. and not a Military Veteran. I have great respect for those that serve our country and would be saddened to find that he is representing his brothers and sisters in such a petty manner.
you are now & forever my hero, *sigh*
oh shit, i forgot what i was going to say, damnit! but really i've got your back along with krissie & jenny on this one.
oh, and please ride the pony!
ciao!
Anon-- "if she didn't want to hear my comments, she shouldn't have put herself out there." That's not the point.. The point is that this is her Blog to say whatever she wants, even if its a million and one swear words, it's still HER blog. Who are you to judge the way she talks or the way she tells her stories? She has a pretty loyal fanbase here and none of us are complaining about her choice of words.
If I came along to some new blog and I thought there were too many swear words or too many sappy pictures of their pet dog or whatever, I'd simply leave the way I came, quietly, and not come back.
That's the last I'll say on this subject.
Love ya Lindy, potty mouth and all!
You gals are SO my pals. *hearts and butterflies floating upward*
And yeah, Jenny, you're right, no more for anon, I need to be blogging not fighting. And thank you :)
This would have never happened if you went to Wal-Mart.
You just missed the greatest shoplifting opportunity ever. How can you sleep at night.
Anyways, do not piss of Anonymous. Check out the entry on Anon or Anonymous at
http://encyclopediadramatica.com.
Yeah Him - I almost considered GOING to Walmart to get my stuff after I had to leave Meijer. And then I realized I'd rather just starve. (ok so I'm not REALLY bashing Wally World too much but I bet everybody else had the same idea cuz it's across the street and J-crap-crimminy that place is always PACKED to begin with)
Alan - Dag Gummit my works filter won't let me check out that link. It's referring comment as to why it's bloked is that it is "Tasteless." Dang it, sounds like my kind of place.
Wally World takes a lot of flack, but in all honesty, other than the toothless freaks and ghetto-ites that make you wait in line longer (and the fact their clothes suck), I'd rather pay less for my items.
I kind of like the crazy people we find in Walmart. It's like going to a free circus.
I COULD say that "Oh yeah it's great cuz I can be as dumpy as I want and nobody will notice there, how cool is that." But no. If I go there lookin like hell I WILL see no less than 2-3 aquaintances. Why is that?
Post a Comment