Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Victoria's Secret VS Fredericks of Hollywood

Would it come to surprise anyone that your friendly hor likes to dress up? ANYBODY?? :)
Right. So this morning on my drive into work I was thinking about maybe getting a new outfit or two and was considering where I should go shopping. Usually I go to a mall around here that has both Frederick's AND Victoria's but I never seem to get ANYTHING over from ole V's.

I just don't GET that store. A friend of mine mentions at least twice a week how freaking GREAT V's bras are but all she ever gets are PLAIN bras for comfort. That's great I guess but when I think about places like that I'm not thinking comfort I'm thinking SEXY. Sexy and fun like in the picture to your right. Last time I went into V's all I bought was a lip gloss on sale - but damn it not for lack of trying to buy other stuff. I looked at their "outfits" but they were all so, I don't know, LAAAME. They only had a few to begin with and they were just dark colors and no fun. Plus when I looked at the price tag I had to stop myself from running out the door - CRAP that stuff is expensive.
So on to Frederick's I went. Frederick's with it's fun colors and crazy styles and feathers and lace and stockings and garters. MMMmmm THAT'S what I'm talkin bought. I actually own the EXACT pink feathered baby doll dress that "Carrie Bradshaw" wore on one of the episodes of Sex In The City. Not exact as in I'm crazy and bought the outfit she actually WORE off of e-bay, but exact as in the same brand and style. I love all of the naughty fun stuff they have to offer and I'm not ashamed damn it. Maybe I'm trashy but I can be CUTE and fun and trashy can't I?

But then this morning I got to thinking about how some folks would say that those kinds of outfits objectify women and how so many women before me fought for a girl like me to have the right to be something other than just an object. I know there are quite a few womens lib chicks out there that would probably like to burn ole Freddie's to the ground but I just can't concur with that ideal.

I do have to admit that I've always thought it was super lame when guys on t.v. get their wife or girlfriend lingerie for a holiday, birthday or anniversary gift. For serious pal? Where is my gift card to Barnes and Noble or the newest C.D. from my favorite band? It would be like ME giving him a gift of oil so that he could change the oil in MY car.

I love to play dress up but I guess I feel that it is MY gift to give to HIM, and as a surprise damn it. If you think about it I DO have the choice to wear track pants and a sweatshirt one night and a baby doll dress the next night if I dang well feel like it. There is no pressure in the world that I live in today to dress any way other than what I feel up to come night-time and for that I guess I should say thank you to the bra burners that came before me. I live in a time where I can be a hor a lady or frumpy-dumpy depending on my mood.

Ok so I do have to give credit to my Man as well for I know that every guy isn't as cool as he is about track pants. Honest to goodness I was all decked out in froggie pajama pants, a college sweatshirt and mis-matched socks by 6p.m. the other night and for some reason felt the need to say I was sorry. He looked at me kind of bewildered and said "I don't get it." "Jyou're in de house, we have to be comfortable in our house." "And besides, I can still see jyour booty." God love 'im that boy knows the path to my heart.

So Thank You Bra Burners, I know you fought for a lot more important stuff, but a hor gives credit where credits due. And Thank You C, you booty lovin man and Thank You Fredrick's for your outrageous evening wear.

20 comments:

CruiserMel said...

Oh man, Lindy - that boy is hooked! That's the true tell-tale sign - if they can get hot and bothered over froggie sleep pants (or granny gowns) they're in deep, girl. High-five! Wear whatever you want. If you feel good in what you're wearing, you'll give off a vibe. If you don't feel good - that shows, too.

Glitterstim said...

I personally think these stores do not objectify women now in that it's women in there buying the stuff, for themselves! Sure, the guys getting a charge out of it is a big ol' plus, but part of our "Lib" is being able to say we like the frilly, sexy things - with or without the fellas. IMHO, of course.

Old BF used to get all bothered about these pink flannel pajamas I had. I wonder what New Fella likes? But I'm being patient!! I swear!!

D-HOR said...

Cruiser - Confession?? My mom has bought me a super soft wonderfull UGLY horrifying huge granny gown every Christmas since I was a kid.

(with the exeption of the year after I bought her a DIRTY outfit and she tried to get me back)

When I lived alone and KNEW I was going to be alone I LIVED in them wonderful bitches, but haven't been able to pull them out on chino yet.

My favorite? A TEAL mid-calf-length t-shrit/gown thing with a giant candy cane on the pocket. It's truly hideous on or off my body and I'm afraid he might have a stroke. But ya know after reading your comment I'll bet he'd be happy to see them, talk about "easy access." ;) Thanx Cruiser :)

D-HOR said...

Blogget - I'm thinking New Guy is more likely into you being NAKED right now ;)

jill or jay said...

Being "a hor, a lady or frumpy-dumpy depending on our mood" is what burning the bras was all about! We get to make the choices. Yeah!! And you've got a good man to be up for all of it. "Up" may be the operative word there:)

D-HOR said...

Jill - You've got me grinning like an idiot and my boss just asked me why. GUFAW! She dosn't know about my hor site, good lord how would I explain it anyways? I told her I read a funny e-mail. (i'm such a dork)

Sassy Blondie said...

You should also buy a feather boa...mine is hot pink.

D-HOR said...

Sassy - TOLD you you're not a prude!

Glitterstim said...

Oh, Hor-gal, I sure hope he is.... The weekend is around the corner and I'm getting antsy again!

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Sounds like you've got that illegal alien boyfriend of yours sufficiently pussywhipped. Personally, I like my bitches wearing something edible.

She's like the wind said...

I have lovely blue fleecy Pj's and nice pink bed socks with a cat face and googley eyes! I live in Scotland FFS....but I also have a rather nice nurses outfit, complete with headband which the hubby is more keen on. In fact I do have a small collection of sexy little numbers. I appreciate you advise and you are absolutely right. I will make a conscious effort. x

D-HOR said...

Blogget - :) :) :) : ) :) :) :)

Dyck - I heard those edible undies are lie fruit roll-ups. MMMMmmm now I want some fruit roll-ups.

S.E.Mum - OOOOOOooo a nurses outfit? That's my girl! ;) MMmmmmm but SSSSssshhhh ( I LOVE fleece!)

Anonymous said...

Damn, girl, I'm trying to work here! I just had to hang up and re-dial a number three times to hear the options again...thought I'd open your page and read while I was on hold but couldn't get that far!

My husband remarked the other night that I need some sexier sleepwear (what.ev.er. I have babies. Its not exactly first thing on my mind.) and I'm going to tell him that if he buys it for me for Xmas or something he's going to die young. Just in case.

You know what this reminds me of? The bf who bought me Star Wars action figures for Christmas. We had just seen one of the movies, and I liked it, but... he was madly into star wars and was just kind of a geek like that. The toys were for him.

Come to think of it, that was the bf who would regularly cozy up to me and say, "Can I get a blow job, baby?" Not that I don't like giving them, but I just...sort of feel thats something that should be offered. And how about some - ahem - foreplay? How about - AHEM - offering something in return? Sheesh. Dumbass.

Anonymous said...

The title totally caught my attention. I was mostly reading, but also trying to get more detail out of the little pictures. As I did this, I became aware that someone was laughing at me.... then I noticed that it was your little 'i-will-eat-your-soul' picture in the corner.

I had to scroll down.

D-HOR said...

Katm - Lame and SUUUUPER lame!!! Star Wars Toys?? Oh golly THANX! Douche. Good thing you put in an early death threat to your husband on those p.j.'s ;) That cracked me up this morning for real.

Alan, glad you were studying those pictures so hard, did you find the clue?? And what? Are you saying I'm ugly?

Glitterstim said...

Uhm....can I have the number of the guy with the Star Wars toys? :::sheepish grin, as Blogget shoots a look at the SW toy collection in her office:::

D-HOR said...

EEEEEE blogget that's hilarious!!

Glitterstim said...

...and way too true... in fact, you inspired me to blog a confession.... LOL!

Anonymous said...

What clue? And no, I'm saying that picture's fucking scary.

D-HOR said...

Alan - You punk I thought I looked kinda cute there. :(