Monday, July 2, 2007

This is the day that I wasn't picked last.

Mountain Mamma (link at bottom of page) gave me that pretty new badge that you see you your right. EEEEEEEEEE!!!! She's one cool ass mom. She's deaf and she talkes about what it's like for her in a hearing world being a mom. PLUS she's funny and knows how to make homeade jelly so really, what's not to love. Someone gave it to her and she chose 5 other chicks to give it to. I know it's not a Bloggie, but damn it she could have given it to like 100 people but no, only 5 and I got to be one of them. I'm so happy with my little badge I could just shit. So that's that. :)

I get to pass this on if I want. But I've been freaking out for like 20 minutes, (swear to god) about how I would go about doing it. I'm the type of person that CAN'T do this sort of thing. I do not have within me the ability to give praise to a couple of people and leave others out. I always got picked second to last in school (last if that other kid didn't show up) in gym class and I refuse to pick and choose from the bloggers that I love to read. Fuck that I'm not doin it.

I'm sorry but I CAN'T. Not even joking. How would I choose from Cruiser, Sassy, Krissie, Sparx, Ho-Kay, D. the orig. hor, The oversixty lady, and even though my BFF Jaybird only has like 3 posts on her blog how could I not choose my BF???? And what about Travis? I don't care if it makes me a bad person to not pass on the joy but I wouldn't be just passing on joy I would also be not "picking someone for the team."

Ok so I'm making a big deal out of nothing. I'm just one little blogger that doesn't really matter but damn it I could hurt like 3 peoples feelings and I won't do it.

Why was I always picked second to last? (or last if the poor retarded girl wasn't there) I was horribly "shy." At the time they didn't know about anxiety disorders so I was labeled as "oh she's so shy isn't that cute." Not so much. I was "shy" and my parents dressed me funny. God damn it mom and dad why the hell did you dress me like that?????!!!! I didn't own a pair of jeans until the 7th grade. And I didn't have skirts or dresses or khakis so really what did that leave me with? Weird clothes.

I tried my best in high school but by that time I was already ruined by my parents and I didn't have any siblings to look to. I think that's why I'm so nuts about looking nice now that I'm "grown up." Thankfully I've watched enough "What not to wear" to last a lifetime and I've learned the fine art of thrift shop shopping and watching sales at the dept. stores. Even though I buy WAY too many clothes I don't make myself go broke anymore like I did when Jaybird first intro'd me to Old Navy.

Swear to God if my Mexican manages to knock me up my baby will be in Abercrombie or what ever the fuck that shit is from the day it's born.

Ok so this wasn't my usual fare, my bad I'll be back with the funny shit tomorrow. I'm going to post about the time I went to a SEEEEEDY "toy" store. *shudder*

http://www.mountainmama-jenny.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

CruiserMel said...

Ehhh, it's an honor just to be nominated for the badge. All together now.....awwwwwwwww.

LOL @ getting picked second to last, except when the retarded girl wasn't there. LMAO

D-HOR said...

Cruiser if you want it click on that bitch, save it as a picture and then put it in your blog. You deserve it and you would have been on my "picked" list anyways.

(ppssssst! the same goes for Sassy, Ho-kay and Sparx) SSSssshhhhh.

Sassy Blondie said...

Poor Lindygirl! The shy, reserved type, eh? I want to know what other kinds of clothes there are aside from your list? I think we need a picture. Seriously...not to ridicule you but to see the before and after. It can't be any worse than the plaid pants my parents dressed me in back in the late 1970s.

And I agree with Cruiser...I don't need no stinkin' badges!

D-HOR said...

Oh lord Jesus Sassy you can't make me do that.

And the clothes? Hell I don't even know what you'd call them. The cloth that was used to make stirrup pants. What was that shit? Cotton? Hell if I know but I think I had a lot of old lady stretch pants and plain t shirts. And big oversized t-shirts with really hideous picutures. I had a corduroy green jumper that I wore until it was WAY too small and honestly I can't really remember much else. I think I blocked it out.
I got made fun of a lot but was to shy to tell my parents about it because I assumed that we were poor.

Turns out we weren't poor but my parents just didn't GET IT that I needed more clothes, not to mention BETTER clothes. I didn't need Ralph Lauren I just needed normal.
Oh well I lived and maybe I'm better for it who knows.

This isn't funny, I need to stop. I'm fine now, *breath* I have lots of clothes, that kid that made fun of me for too-tight pants is long gone *breath* and I have lots of pretty things to wear in my closet. *in. out.*

Krissie said...

Hey, even if you were picked second to last, you were still picked!
Ask me how it was for me in school... Or better yet - DON'T!

CruiserMel said...

LOL @ stirrup pants. Worst fashion item ever. Except maybe gauchos.

D-HOR said...

Krissie???? Were you a fellow outcast?? REALLY? Oh one of my own, we've found each other. YAY!! Well, not so much yay then, but hey we should comiserate.

I just read on yahoo that they've done yet another story that says it's beneficial to your health to talk about your feelings and problems and shit like that. I wonder if blogging about it counts? What if I read it out loud after I write it?

Cruiser I fucking hate gauchos. You have to be a min. of 5'6 and weigh no more than 125 to pull those bitches off. And then the 98% of us normal people hate those bitches that can pull it off and just think they look stuffy or slutty, which ever course they took, anyways. So there. Fuck you ugly pants. Fuck. You. (ok so I bought some and look so horrible in them that I won't even wear them for p.j.'s, so I'm a little touchy about said subj.)

Anonymous said...

This does not make me metrosexual because my friend told me about it a couple hours ago, but here's a source of cheap designer stuff. http://www.stepworth.com/

I might buy something small, like sunglasses or something, so I can say 'I have Armani sunglasses'.

Sparx said...

...an honour indeed, I'm mightily chuffed with the mention, s'all I need! You deserve it however as you are a much more rockin' chikc than I am these days. Gone are my days of lycra trousers and oversized tees... well, outside of the house anyway (!). And I NEVER got picked for a team, the teacher always had to make someone take me on. Fat, glasses, slow runner, that was me. Until, of course, the day I discovered the twin merits of punk rock and smoking which back then basically said 'I WANT to be an outcast so f*** you and your f***ing designer friends'.

Secretly of course I wanted to wear pink tulle and go out with the captain of the football team.

OK, so I lie.

D-HOR said...

Alan? You're making me want to revoke your Dirty Hor status. I'm going to that website in about 20 seconds. I LOVE tips like that, yay yay yay I wish I was on a trampoline cuz it's a lot easier to jump up and down that way.

Sparx - You ARE TOO a rockin chick. I look up to your blog. (and hope that if I get knocked up by my spic that I'll come around to being a mom like you eventually did. (you are my hope)
I am mentaly hugging the shit out of you. Slow runner? OH aaaaalllphhphphph I forgot about that. Did they try and make you run "The Mile" in gym class? We had to every couple of years. They would make us run around a track like 20 times and we had to do it in under 12 minutes. I think I always came in at like 16 or maybe more (because I had to walk most of the way) and the teacher just gave up on timing me.

When I started running as an adult and ran a full mile the first time you would have think I won the lottery.

Sassy Blondie said...

Sorry Lindy, I was always picked first...mostly because I was raised by my dad and got my coordination early. That meant that sports was a way of life. But I was a really nice kid, and I always picked the Sparx and Lindy-like person. See? Does that help heal your childhoods girls?

And gauchos did suck ass! Literally. So how come they are back?

D-HOR said...

Sassy - The pity picker. Even though we knew what was happening it still saved us from having to stand there the entire time, and for that we were grateful. :)

Sparx said...

Ahahaha!! I too wanted a medal the first time I ran a mile off my own bat. I was always left still running around the track after the others had showered, changed and were in math class already! Thanks for the hug, my old self appreciates it!

D-HOR said...

Sparx I am claiming you as a kindred spirit. Done deal.
OHHH lord "...showered changed and were in math class already."

Ohh ho ho I laugh the stained laugh that only those whom have gone through it, rose above it, but will still always remember it may truly laugh.

AAAND Another YYYAAAAYYYY!!!! For you -way belated- on making that first mile for yourself when you first did it on your own. That's nothin to shake a stick at.